Xbox Game Pass PC has been a game changer in recent years. Why pay the full price for the latest games, when you can pay a monthly fee for hundreds of games to choose from? Did you know that a single Xbox Game Pass subscription can be shared among family members? Let’s say you have 2 or 3 computers (or Xbox consoles) at home, and you want to play the games from the Game Pass library on all devices: there is a way to do that.
How to share your Xbox Game Pass PC subscription with your family
1. Go to the Microsoft Family management page, and invite your family members to the group. Once they have accepted the invite, proceed to the next step. Note: You can also add members from the Windows 10 Settings App > Accounts > Family and other users. 2. You will need an active Game Pass subscription in your primary account. 3. Sign in to the same account on the second computer. You can do this from the Microsoft Store app, sign out of the current account, and then login to your primary account. 4. Open the Xbox app on your family member’s PC, click on the user-profile. If they already have an Xbox ID, have them sign in to it. Else, just create a new account for them. That’s it. Now you and your family can access the same Xbox Game Pass PC subscription. If you have issues getting the Xbox app to recognize your subscription, close the app and open it. You may want to go to the Xbox app’s settings and disable the option for buying without a password, to avoid unauthorized purchases. The Xbox app may display a notification that says your signed in account is different from your Store account. You can ignore the message (because that was the whole point), and play your games. Can both users play games at the same time? Yes, unlike Steam family sharing which restricts gameplay to one user at a time, Xbox Game Pass sharing allows multiple users to play games simultaneously. I can’t speak for co-op or online games though, as I only tested this with single player games like Just Cause 4, Dragon Quest XI S, Octopath Traveler, to name a few. Please note that you cannot share EA Play with your family. This only works with the games in the Xbox library. I came across this on reddit a few days ago. Note: I don’t have an Xbox console, and cannot confirm if this method works with it.
How to connect Xbox Game Pass PC with your EA Play account
1. Open the Xbox app, and find an EA game (FIFA, Command & Conquer, etc) in the library. 2. Click on the install button. You will be prompted to download the EA Desktop beta app. Sign in to it. 3. The app will ask you to link your Xbox account with your EA account. Do it. Optionally, you can link the accounts from this page. Select the login option, and sign in via your Xbox ID, after which it will ask you to use your EA credentials to link the two profiles. This also works if you have different email addresses for your Xbox and EA (Origin) accounts. e.g. I used it with my Xbox (Hotmail) and EA (Gmail) accounts. Xbox Game Pass PC Ultimate is currently available for $1, and buying a month’s subscription gives you an additional 2 months free. So, that’s basically $1 + taxes, for three months. This offer is available for a limited time. On a sidenote, you may want to set a reminder to cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription period, to prevent your card from being charged the fee. You may be interested in Subscription Info on Steam, the Firefox and Chrome extension displays a banner on Steam game pages to indicate whether they are available on Game Pass and EA Play, when games are leaving the library, etc. Summary Article Name How to share your Xbox Game Pass PC subscription with your family Description We teach you how to share your Xbox Game Pass PC subscription with your family. Author Ashwin Publisher Ghacks Technology News Logo Advertisement
- How to store archery bows
- How to handle anxiety about a promotion
- How to cover shelves with fabric
- How to clean a tragus piercing
- How to get rid of a pimple