It’s spooky sleepover time. Just in time for Autumn moonlit night here’s another paranormal game. Can Red Door Yellow Door be played alone? You bet but be wary.
It’s that time of year again. Fall is just around the corner, school is back in session, and everyone is searching for the next creepy mind game to play. Luckily, the geeks over on Reddit have whole subs devoted to the kind of mind trickery horror hounds like us yearn for. If you are curious, ThreeKings is the best. Bloody Mary may still be queen in the bathroom, but now there are lucid dreaming games, hypnotizing strategies, and meditations designed to unlock and expand your mind. Be careful what you are doing though, because some doors should remain closed. For those looking for something more adventurous, there is Red Door Yellow Door. Siren Head: A Monster for Modernity The Red Door, Yellow Door game, or The Doors Of The Mind game is just one in the long list of semi-supernatural games you can play. The origin of Red Door Yellow Door is murky, but it is mentioned as early as 1996 in anecdotal comments from the early web days. Sometimes called Black Door White Door, this game typically is played with a guide, a subject, and a few witnesses. The witnesses aren’t necessary, but the more, the merrier.
The basic game rules are as follows:
- The guide sits on the floor with the subject’s head resting in their lap.
- The subject lays prone with their arms raised toward the ceiling.
- The guide massages the subject temples and chants “Red Door Yellow Door, any other color door” until the subject is in a trance, and their arms fall to the ground.
- The witnesses must remain silent, and only the guide and the subject speak throughout.
- Once entranced, the guide asks a series of questions about the room or rooms the subject finds themselves in.
All of this is pretty harmless until you read the disclaimers. The list is alarming and fairly lengthy.
- It is generally better to go up rather than down stairs if given a chance.
- You should immediately leave any room with clocks as they will trap you.
- Room or people with dark clothing are probably not good. Any place or clothing in lighter colors is generally good.
- If you find yourself trapped anyplace, force yourself to wake up or risk being stuck forever.
- If you die in this place, you die for real.
- If you find people in rooms, avoid them. Even if they are wearing lighter colors, they may be evil and try to deceive you.
- If you encounter an old woman, leave. She may look like an old crone or a monster. Some have described her as decayed and others similar to MOMO. Don’t wait around to see what form she takes. Just leave.
- Concrete rooms with holes are water rooms, and they will drown you. Get out!
- If the guide can’t wake up the subject, they should do whatever necessary to wake them up ASAP!
- If you encounter a man in a suit, RUN!
The point of the game is to explore your mind. All the parts of ourselves, good and bad, we keep locked away. Basically, you come face to face with your own worst enemy. A word of warning, do not play if you have any mental illness. You won’t like what your mind shows you.
If you choose to play this game yourself, and I don’t recommend it, you will need a few things:
- A timer with an alarm. Anything from a phone, Amazon Alexa, or an old fashioned egg timer will do. It just needs to be able to be set for a specific amount of time, be loud enough to wake you, and not stop going off until you turn it off.
- A pre-recorded amount of chanting to get you into a trance and into the right headspace, followed by a set of questions you want to ask yourself.
- A safe, relaxing place to lie down.
- A predetermined check-in with a trusted friend.
- A small personal totem only, you know. Hold the item in your hand during the game. DO NOT LET GO! It must be something like a set of dice, a spinning top, or a coin. Upon awakening, immediately roll, or flip, or spin the item to ensure it is familiar. If anything feels off, assume you are still in a trance. Call this the Inception protocol.
Make sure you have played with a guide before attempting this on your own. Know what kinds of questions to ask yourself and what to look for. You need to know what it feels like to go into that meditative space as well. Some people can’t go there, so you wouldn’t want to waste your time trying if you are one of them. It’s probably a good idea to let someone know what you are doing. If they haven’t heard from you within a specific timeframe, arrange to have them check on you.
Is Red Door Yellow Door real?
As with anything, some folks swear they had the scariest experience of their life and others who insist it is all bogus. There are reports of players not waking up right away. Some people claim the subjects became depressed and terrified following the experience and have never recovered. Others report their friend doesn’t seem the same after playing the game. Increased anxiety, paranoia, and depression are expected results. Red Door Yellow Door is a simple meditative practice intended to scare participants. It started as a way to explore the deepest recesses of our minds supposedly, but no mental health professional in the world would suggest this as a learning or healing tool. Play the game but watch out. By priming the subject with the rules, you have already prepared them to find something scary. Tell them to avoid old women and men in suits, and they will find them. Just in case I’m wrong, make sure you fully wake up. No one wants to be locked in a nightmare or, worse yet, have something follow you out. Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made Explained Astaroth And Sigils As the Managing Editor for Signal Horizon, I love watching and writing about genre entertainment. I grew up with old-school slashers, but my real passion is television and all things weird and ambiguous. My work can be found here and Travel Weird, where I am the Editor in Chief.
Red Door Yellow Door is a well-known psychological game that you can play with your friends and family. It is one of the popular campfire games. But you must not play the game for a lot of time because it can harm your mental faculties. So remember this point before playing the game. With this game, one person will open the mind of the other person to control them. That is why it is kind of a spooky game. Red door yellow door is also called Doors of Minds by many people. Here you can find out all the details about how to play the game. Table of Contents
- What is a Red Door Yellow Door?
- How to play Red Door Yellow Door?
- What do the players explore in the game?
- What to keep in mind when playing the red door yellow door?
What is a Red Door Yellow Door?
Red door yellow door is a sleepover game that became popular among thrill-seekers because of the risks involved in it. The players go into a trance where they follow the person who acts as their guide. The guide will ask them questions which the player in a trance will answer. Also, many people play the game during sleepovers, campfires and reunions. It shows the players how much they can access the depths of their minds and relate the incidences they see. Because of these matters, many people play the red door yellow door game. There are many stories surrounding the game and also many scary theories. That is why there is a lot of hype about the game on social media. Hence the players have to play at their risk. For this game, at least two players are required. One is the leader because they know the rules of the game and another player is the one who experiences the spooky side of the doors in his mind. But many people can join the game if they wish. Some of the items you need while playing the game is candles, a matchbox, a quiet place, an eye mask, a timer, cushions, and a voice recorder. You have to start with a ritual when playing the game and be ready to dive in. Now you can find a place to concentrate on the task at the head. The leader has to sit-cross legged on the floor with the other player. Then they have to close their eyes with a mask. Then the player has to raise their hand in the air and relaxes while keeping their eyes closed. They have to keep their eyes closed for the game. Then to put the player in a trance the leader massages the temples of the other player with their hand and repeats “red door, yellow door, any other colour door”. This will put the player in a state of dreaminess. If the player sees the images on his head they have to put their hands down and the game will start. The leader will question the player and they will answer. Then the leader will ask the player to go ahead and will orchestrate the actions of the player. Then the timer will go off and the player will come back to reality. Then the leader has to ask the player to come back to the real world from their dreamy state. All of the doors have to be closed. This is the way to play red door yellow door. After everyone is aware the video recorder must stop. The alarm clock is important because only through it the players can keep track of the time. So it is important to keep track of the time by setting the time on and at the end of the game, they have to switch it off. The whole game of red door yellow door must take place according to the time.
What do the players explore in the game?
In the red door yellow door game, the players fully explore what their mind offers. That is why attention is important in the game. The person can sense everything around them without opening their eyes for several minutes. They will describe their surroundings, share the details about their clothes and similar to this many kinds of explorations can be done. If the players show some reluctance to do some stuff then the leader has to respect it. They must not force them to do the things which they are not ready to do.
What to keep in mind when playing the red door yellow door?
Here are some of the precautions to keep in mind when playing the red door yellow door game. If you are playing the game for a thrill you have to know that this is a dangerous game. Many people caution to stay away from the game. Here are some of the matters you have to keep in mind.
- If the players want to go up or down in the game then it is better to go up.
- You have to leave the rooms that look like a trap.
- If you find rooms or people that look dark do not venture inside them.
- If you feel trapped try to wake up no matter what.
- You have to avoid people you find in the rooms.
- There are rooms with holes that are known to be trapped.
- The guide must wake up the player if they look distressful.
- These are some of the cautionary matters you must avoid in the game. Take care when playing it.
If you want to play the red door yellow door game you have to think many times before it. This game is not only risky but also mentally taxing. So beware of the danger. Also read: 7 Weirdest Video Game Characters Till Date (play at your own risk) warning: do not play this game if you suffer from mental illnesse, for safety. Alternately called Doors of the Mind or Black Door, White Door, and well, any other combination of colors, you can think of, Red Door, Yellow Door takes two to play, but it’s perfect for an audience of scared young people late at night so it’s no surprise that it’s made a resurgence in recent years. The rules are simple, but the outcome could be dire, or so the urban legends claim. One player is the guide, and the other is the subject. The guide sits on the floor, cross-legged with a pillow in their lap. The subject will then lie on the ground with their head in the guide’s lap and their hands raised in the air. The guide should, at this point, begin to massage the subject’s temples in a circular motion chanting, “Red Door, Yellow Door, any other color door” over and over again, joined by any witnesses to the game. As the subject slips into the trance, they will find themselves in a room in their mind and at that point, they should lower their arms to the floor signalling the guide and any witnesses to stop chanting. The game has officially begun. The guide will, at this point, begin to ask questions of the subject in order to get them to describe the room. Any witnesses at this point should be silent so that there is no sound except for the voice of the guide and the voice of the subject answering the guide’s question. Here are some examples of the type of questions the guide should ask: “Are you in a room?” “Describe this room.” “What color are the doors?” “How do you feel about the purple door?” “Open the purple door and go through.” The guide might ask what colors the doors to the room are, how they feel about the doors, and instruct them to go through varying doors into other rooms. The subject is encouraged to answer all questions honestly until the guide decides to end the game, but there are some warnings and signs of danger to keep in mind. • If you encounter people in the room, it may be best not interact with them. They may be evil and try to trick you. • If you find yourself in a room full of clocks, leave immediately. Clocks can trap you. • You can go wherever you want, but it is safer to go up than down. • Light things and light colors tend to be better than dark things and dark colors. • If you should find yourself trapped in a room, you must try to wake up. If you don’t, you might be trapped forever. • If you die in the game, you will supposedly die in real life. • If you encounter a man in a suit who makes you uncomfortable, end the game immediately. • If the guide is having a hard time waking the subject from the trance, they should shake them roughly to bring them into wakefulness. Supposedly, the whole point of the Red Door, Yellow Door, seemingly, is to explore the inner workings of your own mind, and to also understand that there are also dark sides to everyone. Some of the things you might encounter inside the game may be those very things about yourself that you don’t wish to face.
- How to identify cutworm damage
- How to write a conclusion to a literary essay
- How to position hands on a keyboard
- How to date a nerd
- How to use footnotes in microsoft word