Download Article Download Article This wikiHow teaches you to receive an Instagram notification every time a particular user shares a new post. In addition to regular photo and video posts, you can also set up notifications for your favorite users’ stories, IGTV videos, and live streams.
- 1 Open Instagram on your phone or tablet. It’s the pink, purple, and orange camera icon on your home screen or in your app drawer.
- 2 Tap the profile icon. It’s the person icon at the bottom-right corner. This opens your own profile.
- If the person you want to receive notifications from has a photo or video post that already appears in your feed, you can also tap the three dots at the top-right corner of the post and select Turn on Post Notifications. But that only works for regular photo and video posts; you won’t be able to set up notifications for stories, lives, or IGTV that way. Read on to learn how to set up all types of Instagram posting notifications.
- 3 Tap Following. It’s at the upper-right corner of the screen. This displays a list of everyone you’re following.
- 4 Tap the person for whom you want to create notifications. You can scroll through the list or type the person’s username into the «Search» bar to find someone quickly. When you tap the person’s name, their profile will expand.
- You can only receive notifications for posts from people you are already following.
- 5 Tap the bell icon. It’s at the top-right corner of the screen. This opens the Notifications menu.
- 6 Tap the «Posts» switch to turn it on . This ensures that you are notified each time this person shares a new post on Instagram.
- If you want to be notified when this person shares Stories or IGTV videos, you can toggle those switches on as well.
- To be notified when this person goes live, tap Live Videos, and then choose the frequency at which you want to be notified.
Advertisement Add New Question
- QuestionIs there a way to get notified on the desktop version of Instagram when someone posts?Yes. In your account’s settings, you can toggle on and off notifications for many different features on the site. This can be found as «Push Notifications.»
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit
- If you are having trouble receiving notifications after turning this on, make sure that push notifications for Instagram are also turned on in your phone’s settings.
On iPhone or iPad, go to Settings app > Notifications and toggle on the switch if it’s off. On Android, go to Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Notifications and toggle on «Show notifications» if it’s off.As a small thank you, we’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full price—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Enjoy!
- To disable notifications for a user, go to their profile, tap the bell icon, and toggle off the switch(es).As a small thank you, we’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full price—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Enjoy!
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
About This Article
Article SummaryX 1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap the profile icon.
3. Tap Following.
4. Tap the person’s profile.
5. Tap the bell icon.
6. Tap the «Posts» switch to turn it on. Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 36,205 times.
Is this article up to date?
- How to make yourself cough
- How to what does scheduled delivery pending mean
- How to advertise dog walking
- How to enable webgl
- How to become a top writer on medium