DIY GLITTER JAR
CALMING GLITTER JAR
Bright, sparkly and mesmerizing for kids of all ages, these calming glitter jars are just what you need for a busy season! Sensory glitter bottles are often made with expensive glitter glue. Our substitute, glue and a jar of glitter make these rainbow DIY glitter jars much more cost effective! If you love to make slime as we do, then I bet you have all the sensory bottle supplies you need! A gallon of clear glue is inexpensive and will make lots of bottles or jars. Of course, you can make these sensory glitter jars with glitter glue too and eliminate having to add the glitter and food coloring for less mess!
THE BENEFITS OF A GLITTER JAR
- Visual sensory play for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary.
- Excellent calming tool for anxiety. Simply shake and focus on the glitter.
- Great for calm down time. Create a basket of calm down goodies in a quiet space for when your child needs to regroup and spend a few minutes alone.
- Color play or science-themed for additional educational value.
- Language development. Anything that can spark curiosity and interest makes for great social interaction and conversation.
GLITTER JAR RECIPE
You don’t need pricey colored glue to make our glitter jars! These calming glitter jars with clear glue do the trick. All you need is clear glue, food coloring, and glitter. Download here
YOU WILL NEED:
- Bottles or jars (any shape, size you like) – this recipe is based off an 8-ounce size jar.
- 2/3 cup (or 6-ounce bottle) of clear washable school glue
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water (warm or room temperature is best we found for mixing with the glue)
- Food coloring
- 1 tablespoon or so of glitter or confetti
- Pipe cleaners and construction paper (optional for decorating jars)
HOW TO MAKE A GLITTER JAR
STEP 1: Empty the glue into your jar. STEP 2: Add about 1/4 cup of warm water to the glue and mix well to combine. STEP 3: Next, add your choice of food coloring and stir to combine! If you are adding glitter or confetti, stir the glitter or confetti into the glue mixture now. You can even combine glitter and confetti! Look for fun theme confetti for any season or holiday and this basic process will be so easy to repeat to make a glitter jar for any occasion. STEP 4: Now it’s time to get your glitter jar sparkling! Seal the jar and shake well. SENSORY BOTTLE TIP: If the glitter or confetti does not move around easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves to quickly, add additional glue to slow it down. Changing the viscosity or consistency of the mixture will change the movement of the glitter or confetti. There’s a bit of science for you too! You could also try making a glitter jar with vegetable oil instead of glue and water, and compare! Do remember though that a water soluble food coloring will not mix into oil.
MORE FUN GLITTER JAR IDEAS
- Gold and Silver Glitter Bottles
- Ocean Sensory Bottle
- Glow In The Dark Sensory Bottles
- Sensory Bottles With Glitter Glue
- Fall Glitter Jars
- Fall Sensory Bottles
- Winter Sensory Bottles
- Halloween Glitter Jars
- Frozen Glitter Jars
MAKE A SPARKLY GLITTER JAR OR TWO!
Click on the image below or on the link for more sensory play ideas!
- How to train iron spear hand kung fu
- How to expert have a successful romance
- How to check if secure boot is enabled on your pc
- How to buy postage online
- How to walk by faith