JoKelly . • Filed to: iPhone Data Recovery Everyone places a high value on the security of personal information such as photos, messages, and contacts. It is crucial to protect messages, whether text messages or iMessages. Messages contain a lot of information and are one of the most sensitive data. That’s why people may prefer to hide messages or the name of contacts on the iPhone screen. You can simply do this by going to the settings of your device. People prefer to keep their messages secret from others. It can protect sensitive information from being leaked to a certain extent. However, people might accidentally block contacts or label text as spam messages. The text messages from these people will get automatically hidden, causing you to miss out on some important information.
- Why Hide Messages on iPhone?
- How to Find Hidden Messages on iPhone?
- How to See Hidden Text Messages on iPhone Using Facebook
- How to Find Secret Messages on iPhone?
- In Summary
Why Hide Messages on iPhone?
Many people have a reason to hide their text messages. Not all of them are criminal masterminds or cheating partners. Imagine someone is celebrating their birthday. You plan to throw a big party bash for your friend and keep it a secret. It can be difficult enough to keep everything secret if you don’t live with your partner, but it can be even more problematic if you do. A simple mistake of leaving your phone on the kitchen table can lead to a big disaster. The surprise of the birthday boy/girl being seated at the table is destroyed by one revealing text message. It is not difficult for anyone at the party to find hidden messages on the iPhone. Although everyone celebrates one birthday each year, you will likely be asked by a friend, colleague, or child to borrow your phone more often. It’s not uncommon to feel embarrassed when your photos, conversations, and embarrassing apps are just a few clicks away. What if your phone accidentally gets lost or stolen? Your sensitive messages can easily fall into the wrong hands. People now can easily hack information and even sell them for high prices. You don’t have to hide sensitive text messages to protect your privacy. Continue reading to learn how to find hidden text messages on iPhone if you prefer to see your personal messages.
How to Find Hidden Messages on iPhone?
You can hide iMessages on your iPhone in two ways. You can hide alerts to prevent message preview and stop receiving notifications from Settings. Another option is to delete them from your contact lists and make them unidentified senders. The iPhone doesn’t have hidden text messages. Hidden text messages are usually those we cannot see on our iPhones. These hidden text messages will still appear in your Messages app. If you wish to see the hidden text messages on your iPhone, access your iPhone and open the messaging app. You’ll be able to see all the messages. The only difference is that messages from unknown senders will not appear in your Message app. For that, you have to switch to the Unknown Sender List. See how to unhide messages on iPhone through the tips below. You can locate hidden text messages by following the guide below:
- First of all, you’ll need to open the Message app on your iPhone.
- To find hidden text messages, access the Unknown Senders list to see the hidden messages.
How to See Hidden Text Messages on iPhone Using Facebook
Facebook is another app where millions of people exchange messages, sometimes even more than iMessages. Many users are curious about how to find hidden messages within the Facebook Messenger app. The same problem of hidden messages is faced on the app due to numerous reasons. It filters messages from strangers even though it proves beneficial in many cases. It can also hinder people from contacting you with critical information. These messages can be very important to you in certain cases. Let’s now see how to locate these hidden Facebook messages from your iPhone. You can also locate and recover deleted photos on messenger iPhone with this method. Read the instructions below on how to view hidden messages on iPhone Facebook app. Quick Guide to Follow:
- Open your iPhone and launch the Messenger app.
- In the bottom right corner of your iPhone screen, tap the Me icon.
- Then, tap People and head over to Message Requests.
- You’ll also see unread Message requests. You will also see a blue link that says, «See Filtered Requests.» Click on this to bring up the filter request screen. Here you can find all the filtered messages. To move the message to your Inbox, tap the message and select Accept.
How to Find Secret Messages on iPhone?
We have already covered how to locate hidden messages on the iPhone. However, you may need to make your text messages visible to yourself for previewing for some reasons, like transferring messages between two iOS devices. Below is a guide you need to follow on how to retrieve hidden messages on iPhone. Quick Guide to Follow:
- Start your iPhone and go to your settings. Please scroll down the list to discover the Notifications option and Tap it.
- A pop-up menu will appear; scroll down to locate Messages and tap on it.
- To receive preview messages and notifications on your iPhone screen, tap on the Allow Notifications option.
- From the Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners, you can unhide the alters or even perform Select All to show the messages.
- Scroll down the menu and select Options, and from there, Tap in Show Previews, and Always choose from your iPhone to unhide text messages.
We hope that this page has provided adequate information regarding how to unhide hidden messages on iPhone. As you can see, the hidden message can be very useful in some instances. You also know that messages can get lost every day for many reasons. Suppose you lost your iPhone text messages disappear. In that case, you can follow this guide to retrieve lost messages on iPhone, iMessage, or WhatsApp, even without any backup. The solutions mentioned in this guide apply to all the latest iPhone 7/8/X/11/12 and earlier models of iPhone. The article also covers how to see hidden messages on an iPhone, which is needed in some circumstances. Posted by
to iPhone Data Recovery Last updated on October 2, 2022
Recover any lost or deleted data from iOS devices. Download Apple is known for its predominant services around user privacy. Whether it is about protecting user data or restricting apps with strict privacy control, Apple has set the narrative of being the most privacy-centric platform. That’s why we can find many built-in ways to hide our data on iPhones and other iOS devices. However, it is common that we hide some messages on iPhone for some time, but later struggle to find those hidden messages. In such cases, there is always a fear that the messages might have gone deleted. So, the big question is how to find hidden or deleted messages on iPhone? This article is the answer to this problem. Here we will do deep talks about how to find hidden or deleted messages on iPhone in no time. So, let’s jump right to it!
- Part 1. Does iPhone Have a Secret Message
- Part 2. How Do You Hide Text Messages on iPhone Secretly
- Part 3. How Do I Find Hidden or Deleted Messages on My iPhone
- 1. How to Unhide Text Messages on iPhone
- 2. How to Find Hidden or Deleted Messages on iPhone
Part 1. Does iPhone Have a Secret Message?
The iMessages you send from your iPhone are encrypted while sending and get decrypted by the receiver’s iPhone upon receiving. The encryption is so strong that even Apple is unable to decrypt it. However, iPhone also offers a unique secret message feature that further makes the messages secret in a fun way. Through this feature, the message is broken into scrambled pixels. So, once the message reaches the receiver’s iPhone, the person has to tap the message to reveal the image or text and each tab unveils a few portions of the message. To use this feature, press and hold the Send button and then pick the Bubble effect called Invisible Ink. This feature is also useful in places where the other person does not want to view the message in front of someone.
Part 2. How Do You Hide Text Messages on iPhone Secretly?
There are two methods you can use to hide text messages on your iPhone. One method is that you hide the preview of messages in the settings, while the second method is you hide the alerts of messages from a specific person. Steps to Hide Text Messages Preview on iPhone: Go to the Settings app and tap Notifications. Scroll down and tap Messages. Tap Show Previews and then click Never. Steps to Hide Preview of Text Messages from a Specific Person on iPhone Open the conversation with the person whose previews you want to hide. Tap the Details button from the top right side. Scroll down and tap the Hide Alerts slider.
1. How to Unhide Text Messages on iPhone
You can easily address how to find hidden text messages on iPhone by enabling the Show Previews and notification. Follow the below steps to unhide text messages on iPhone: Go to the Settings app and tap Notifications. Scroll down, tap Messages, and enable Allow Notifications. Tap Show Previews and then click Always. This way, you can easily unhide text messages on iPhone.
2. How to Find Hidden or Deleted Messages on iPhone
The above method is a perfect solution for how to see hidden messages on iPhone that you have previously hidden from the Settings app. But if you have hidden, deleted, or lost messages for unknown reasons, then the above method might not work for you. In such a case, you should use WooTechy iSeeker to get them back. It is a powerful iPhone data recovery tool that can directly recover deleted files from your iPhone. Not just it can find hidden messages on iPhone, but it can also recover deleted messages. Its intelligent processes empower the tool to offer the highest recovery rate. Moreover, it can also recover data directly from iCloud and iTunes backup. In short, it is an all-in-one iOS data recovery tool.
Other Key Features of WooTechy iSeeker100.000+ Downloads
- It provides a high data recovery rate and can bring back over 18 types of data you want to restore, including photos, text messages, WhatsApp chat history..
- It allows you to preview the messages before recovery and offers selective recovery of messages.
- It supports all the latest iOS models and iOS versions, including iOS 16.
- It is 100% secure and does not copy any data during and after recovery.
- It offers a user-friendly intuitive graphical interface with click-based simple steps.
Follow the below steps to find hidden or deleted text messages on iPhone 11 or any other iPhone model with iSeeker: Step 1.
Install and launch iSeeker on your PC and click Recover from iOS Device. Also, connect your iPhone with the PC and then click Next. Step 2.
Pick the data type you want to recover. If you just want to recover messages, then pick Messages and click Scan. Afterward, wait till the scan is completed. It usually takes just a few minutes to complete the scan. Step 3.
After successful completion of the scan, you will be able to preview all the hidden or deleted messages that you can recover. You can go through them one by one, select the ones you want to recover, and then click Recover. Lastly, assign the location on your PC where you want to save the recovered data. That’s it! So, in just three simple steps, you can instantly recover all the hidden or deleted messages with iSeeker. Conclusion Hiding messages on iPhone is a common and recommended practice to keep your important conversations private and secure. However, it is common to experience challenges while unhiding the messages. Above we have discussed multiple ways you can use to address how to find hidden messages on iPhone. But if you are concerned that the messages are deleted or you want an instant recovery solution, then WooTechy iSeeker should be your preferred tool. Not just does it offer instant scanning, but its preview and selective recovery elevate the whole experience. So, try out iSeeker right away and get back your hidden or deleted messages. Nowadays, more and more people prefer to keep their messages private, away from other people. To some extent, it can protect important information from leaking. However, sometimes people may accidentally block contacts or sort text as spam messages, which causes miss important information on iPhone. So many folks wonder how to find hidden text messages on iPhone. How do you find hidden text messages on iPhone 7/8/X/11/12/13/14? Keep reading this passage, you can find your hidden text messages on iPhone and save text message easily. Table of Content
- Part 1. How to Find Hidden Text Messages on iPhone?
- Part 2. How to Unhide Text Messages on iPhone?
- Part 3. Backup iPhone Text Messages to Avoid Data Loss
Part 1. How to Find Hidden Text Messages on iPhone?
There are 2 ways to hide text messages on iPhone. One way is hiding alerts to avoid message preview or directly stop receiving message notifications by Settings. The other one is to remove someone from the Contact list and makes it an unknown sender. In fact, there is no hidden text message on iPhone actually. The hidden text messages usually refer to those we can’t see on iPhone directly at once. If you check the Message app on your iPhone carefully, you can find hidden text messages by the steps below. Step 1. Access your iPhone and open the Message app. Step 2. Switch to the Unknown Senders list to check hidden text messages.
Part 2. How to Unhide Text Messages on iPhone?
We have learned about how to find hidden text messages on iPhone in part 1. However, for some reasons like transfer messages between two iOS devices, you may need to make your text messages visible to yourself for previewing. Here are the steps about how to show hidden text messages on iPhone. Step 1. Open your iPhone and go to Settings. Then scroll down to find Notifications and tap it. Step 2. Scroll down to find Messages and tap it. Step 3. Turn on Allow Notifications. Thus, you can receive notifications and preview messages on the iPhone screen. Step 4. You can also choose to unhide alters from Lock Screen, Notification Center, Banners, or select all to show text messages. Step 5. Scroll down to Options, tap Show Previews and choose Always to unhide text messages on iPhone.
Part 3. Backup iPhone Text Messages to Avoid Data Loss
From the above section, we have talked about the topic of how to see hidden text messages on iPhone quickly. For messages on iPhone, it contains huge amounts of information and makes it one of the most private data to keep under wraps. Except for hiding text messages on iPhone to keep privacy, backing up messages is another essential way to keep the message safer. Although Apple provides iTunes and iCloud with users to back up messages of iOS device, both of them have limitations, such as small storage space with iCloud, iTunes can’t preview items. Sometimes, these factors may make a negative influence on messages. Hence, we strongly recommend you professional backup tool — FoneTool, to help you back up text messages of iPhone safely. You can take a look at it below to know its amazing features. ● Support to back up multiple data. It can backup iPhone musics, videos, photos, contacts, etc.
● Provide selective backup. This tool allows you to selectively backup one or several files if you don’t want to backup all data.
● Preview before backup. You can check and view the items before going on backup.
● No space limitation. You don’t have to worry about backup failure due to no enough space.
● Wide Compatibility. It can work well with iPhone 7, 8, X, XR, XS, 11,12, 13, 14 and Windows PCs. Now free download FoneTool on Windows PC and backup iPhone text messages to computer. Step 1. Launch FoneTool. Then connect your iPhone to computer using a USB cable. Step 2. in the main interface, click Phone Backup > Locate Selective Backup and click Get Started. Step 3. Choose the Messages icon to backup. And change the Storage Path according to your situation. Step 4. Check the messages you want to backup to the computer, then click OK to start backup. Tips: If you want to backup all the text messages of your iPhone fast, you just click Start Backup icon in step 3 to complete.
That’s all for how to find hidden text messages on iPhone 7/8/X/11/12/13/14. And we also provide you the way about how to unhide text messages on iPhone. To help you save and backup important messages, FoneTool can make it easy with simple steps. If you want to erase and restore iPhone, FoneTool also is a good choice for you. Many users don’t know how to find hidden text messages on iPhone and look for guidance online. In this article, a detailed guide on different methods to hide messages as well as methods to find hidden messages on iPhone are described.
- Part 1: How to Find Hidden Text Message on iPhone
- Part 2: How to Hide Messages on iPhone
Part 1: How to Find Hidden Text Message on iPhone
If you’re wondering how to see hidden messages on iPhone and are confused, either hidden text messages are permanently deleted from their iPhones or you can access them later if you want to. The answer to this question is yes. Hidden messages are still stored on your iPhone and you can view them from message app. To view the hidden messages on your iPhone, you have to follow the steps given below:
- From the home screen of your iPhone, go to the Messages app.
- In the Message app, switch to “Unknown Senders” list.
- A list of hidden messages from unknown senders will appear on your screen.
By following the steps discussed above, users who don’t know how to find hidden text messages on iPhone 11/12/13 can easily view hidden text messages.
Part 2: How to Hide Messages on iPhone
In the previous section, we discussed how to see hidden text messages on iPhone and provide a step-by-step guide for our users. In this section, we are going to discuss different methods to hide text messages on iPhones for our users.
1. Turn Off Messages Preview
It is normal to get annoyed when you are busy and someone continuously messaging you. The easiest way to secure your text messages is to turn off the message preview feature on your iPhone. Turning off this feature doesn’t prevent your iPhone to store messages in the message app. But content and name of the sender will not appear on the mobile screen anymore. Follow the steps given below:
- From the home screen of your iPhone, navigate to “Settings”. A list of options will appear on the screen.
- Select the “Notifications” option from the list and click on it.
- Scroll down the list and find “Messages” option.
- Go to the “Options” and click on the “Show Previews” option.
- Three modes of the preview will appear on the screen named “Always”, “When Unlocked” and “Never” respectively. Tap on the “Never” option. From now on, the preview of incoming messages will not appear on the screen anymore.
- If you want to turn off the notifications of incoming messages, tap on “allow notification” option. In this way, no notification will appear when you receive the message.
2. Use Third-Party Apps to Hide iPhone Messages
Despite turning off the message preview option, users can use third-party apps to completely hide the chat threads from the list of messages in the Message app. Although these third-party apps claim to provide utmost security for data privacy, be attentive while downloading and installing these apps. Most of the security breaches and cyber theft attempts are made via third-party apps, as some of these third-party apps have hidden trojan files that pose a serious threat to your privacy.
3. Back Up Messages to Computer and Delete them on iPhone
If you want the utmost security of your text messages, data backup of text messages from your iPhone to PC is the best solution. Once you successfully finish the backup of text messages, you can delete them from your iPhone, so nobody can access them. The use of iCloud or iTunes is associated with limitations and brings discomfort to the user end. To overcome these limitations, users can use iCareFone for data back up from their iPhones to PC. Users can use it for backup data such as photos, videos, audios, contacts, text messages, etc from iPhone to PC. It’s free to use. If you want to use iCareFone for backup text messages, perform the simple tasks given below:
- Download and install the latest version of Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC and allow it to run. Connect your iPhone to the PC. From the main interface of iCareFone that is appearing on the screen, click on the “Backup and Restore” option.
- A new interface with multiple options will appear on the screen. From the list, go to the option “Messages and Attachments” and click on it. Then click on the “Backup” option.
- After doing that, go through the list and click view backup data. Then you can select the messages and export them to PC. Or you can do nothing with the backup. Next time you need to view the backup data, you can find it on iCareFone.
- Then you can delete the text messages on your iPhone.
We provide a step-by-step guide to our users about how do you find hidden text messages on iPhone. Apart from that, backup of text messages from iPhone to PC is the best way to secure personal data. Users can use iCareFone software which is the best iOS data handling tool available online.
- How to clean up confetti
- How to come up with a nickname
- How to zoom in on facebook photos on iphone and ipad
- How to take msm powder
- How to remove oil stains from paper