Download Article Download Article Pandora is an Internet radio service that lets you listen to music legally on the go. Android has an app for Pandora that you can download for free.
- 1 Search for «Pandora» in the Play Store. Install the app with «install,» then you can open it when the install button changes to «Open.»
- 2 Type in your email and login information for Pandora, then click «Sign in.» Advertisement
- 3 Tap «Create New Station.»
- 4 Type in a band, genre, or song you like and then select it from the list. An example would be «Rock hits.»
- 5 Songs related to the station you created will start playing. Click the «thumbs up» sign to get more music like the one playing when that current song finishes. You can also click «thumbs down» to get a new song.
Advertisement Add New Question
- QuestionWhy is Pandora asking me for a payment method?Because if you want premium, you have to pay. That’s sort of a thing with music streaming services, they want your money. If you don’t want ads and unlimited skips, give them your payment method.
- QuestionHow do I turn off Pandora?Well, if you want to stop listening to the music for a couple minutes or so then you can pause the music, but if you want to stop listening to it for the day then just double click the home button and simply just slide up the Pandora app.
- QuestionIs it possible to save music from Pandora to an Android tablet?No, that is not possible.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit
- Pandora is free but it has an ad every once in a while. You can avoid this if you pay for a subscription service.As a small thank you, we’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full price—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Enjoy!
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
- Pandora uses a very large amount of data, so only use it with WiFi if you don’t have unlimited 3G.As a small thank you, we’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full price—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Enjoy!
About This Article
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 42,150 times.
Is this article up to date?
Editors’ note, July 8, 2015: See CNET’s guide to Internet radio services for a more up-to-date evaluation of this service, along with an analysis of how it compares to competitors. When you don’t want to decide exactly what song to listen to, Pandora’s got you coverage. The popular online music service lets you create custom radio stations based on genres of music, artists, music albums, and even specific songs. Just like the original Web-based version, Pandora Radio for Android lets you tap into an incredible library of music to create stations based on artists or songs, browse through genre-based stations, or fire up a shuffled playlist based on your listening history. If you’re already a Pandora listener, you can enter your existing log-in credentials, or you can create a new account right from the app. The Pandora Android app sports a clean design, tons of social features, and your user profile, which keeps tabs on your listening history. In a recent update in December 2013, the app added an alarm clock so you can wake up to your favorite Pandora stations instead of the same old screeching tones of your phone’s alarm clock. Easy listening
To get started with Pandora, create a few stations based on your favorite kinds of music. You can create stations centered around your favorite artists, or even just one song you like. Pandora then searches for music that matches the same melodies, themes, and instruments to create a full station. You can fine tune your stations by adding variety. For example, if you create a Rolling Stones station, you can add Led Zeppelin or «Light My Fire» by The Doors to add more nuance. As you listen, Pandora lets you rate tracks up or down, or skip tracks at will. Your ratings here will help Pandora home in on exactly the types of music you like, so it’s important to be an active listener. This ability to «understand» your musical taste is really the service’s biggest strength. On the other hand, if you’re a lazier listener, then you can just as easily let Pandora do all of the programming on its own. Just don’t expect it to get much better at doing its job. If you hear something you like, you can bookmark the track or artist for future reference. You can even purchase some tracks right from the app. You can share what you’re listening to via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook, or simply post your track to your Pandora profile, which tracks your listening activity. Pandora profiles keep track of songs you Bookmark and Like. What’s more, they add another social element to the listening experience, as they enable other users to see what you’re listening to (if you make your profile public), and you to see what they’re listening to. You can even «follow» other users and get updates when they do things like create new stations. Altogether, it’s a fantastic way of discovering new music. The Alarm Clock feature wakes you up with your favorite Pandora station. There’s a built-in snooze button too. Screenshot by Sarah Mitroff/CNET Wake up with Pandora
In a recent update, the app added a handy new feature called Alarm Clock, which wakes you up with a station of your choosing. To activate the alarm clock, tap on a station to start playing in, then tap three-line icon in the top left of the screen to reveal a menu. From there you can turn on the alarm clock, set your time, snooze duration, and music volume level. You can switch to a different station from the alarm clock page, and even choose the shuffle option to have Pandora pick one of your stations at random to start playing when the alarm goes off. The alarm clock screen looks downright pretty. The current song’s album art takes up the entire screen, and there’s a circle in the middle that has controls to turn the alarm off or snooze. If you snooze, that starts a countdown on the screen that shows how much time is left before the alarm sounds again. Advertisements everywhere If you’re not a Pandora One subscriber, then be prepared for a lot of display and video ads. Some are smaller leaderboard-style ads near the bottom of the screen, while others are huge pop-ups that almost completely cover the album art. Fortunately, you can close the larger ads with a quick tap. If you usually just fire up a station and put your phone in your pocket, though, then the visual ads probably aren’t too big a deal. However, the video and audio ads can become annoying quickly, especially when they occasionally play in between each song in a station (they often show up when you skip a song too). If you can swing the $4 per month fee for Pandora One, we highly recommend it to get rid of the ads, especially on the mobile apps. Final thoughts
Pandora is a great service to listen to music without needing to hand-pick songs for a playlist. The way it gets to «know» your musical taste is impressive, and it even helps introduce you to artists you never knew you’d like. Overall, the Pandora Android app offers a phenomenal listening experience. Its user interface is slick, despite the pesky advertisements. What’s more, it features robust sharing features, control to edit your stations, and a nifty new way to wake up to your favorite tunes. If you like listening to music on your Android phone or tablet, Pandora is well worth the free download.
Setup 10Features 10Interface 9Performance 9
- How to react when your gerbil bites or scratches
- How to make a minecraft server for your friends and you
- How to use a swamp cooler
- How to treat chickenpox at home
- How to rest without completely sleeping