- You can change your WhatsApp wallpaper for a specific chat or for all of your chats at once.
- To change your WhatsApp wallpaper on iPhone or Android, go to Settings or the «Group Info» section of a specific chat.
- WhatsApp lets you choose from pre-set wallpapers or upload a photo from your phone.
- This story is part of Insider’s Guide to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp offers its users the ability to customize the backgrounds of chats, either all at once or chat by chat. Whether you want to change your background for a functional purpose (a plain background to make messages easier to read) or for aesthetic purposes (a festive background on a group chat for holiday party planning), it can be done in just a few steps. Here’s how to change your WhatsApp wallpaper for all chats and for specific chats on both iPhone and Android.
How to change WhatsApp wallpaper for all chats
1. Open WhatsApp. If you have an iPhone, tap the Settings tab at the bottom-right of the screen. If you have an Android, tap the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen, then tap Settings. 2. Tap Chats. This method changes the backgrounds of all WhatsApp chats in one fell swoop. Abigail Abesamis Demarest 3. Tap Chat Wallpaper. Tap here to look through the many preset wallpapers available on WhatsApp or to choose your own photo. Abigail Abesamis Demarest 4. Tap to choose a Wallpaper from the list of options, or upload a photo from your phone. 5. On the Preview page, tap Cancel to keep browsing or Set to choose the wallpaper as your background for all chats. On this page, you can preview wallpapers before committing to one. Abigail Abesamis Demarest
How to change WhatsApp wallpaper for a specific chat
You can further customize your WhatsApp experience by having different wallpapers for different chats.
1. In WhatsApp, open the chat you want to change the wallpaper for. 2. At the top of the chat, tap the three-dot icon. Tap Wallpaper. 3. Tap to choose a wallpaper from the list of options, or upload a photo from your phone.
1. In WhatsApp, open the chat you want to change the wallpaper for. 2. At the top of the chat, tap the group name. Tap the group name to get more information and make changes to a chat. Abigail Abesamis Demarest 3. Tap Wallpaper & Sound. From here, the process of choosing a wallpaper is the same as the previous section. Abigail Abesamis Demarest 4. Tap to choose a wallpaper from the list of options, or upload a photo from your phone. Abigail Abesamis Demarest is a contributing writer for Insider based in New York. She loves a good glazed donut and nerdy deep dives into the science of food and how it’s made.
Last Updated: August 20, 2021 Do you want to customize the appearance of your WhatsApp chats? Do you want to choose among the default images and colors offered on the app, or do you want to upload a custom one? In any case, we’re here to help you. We’ll show you how to update your chat wallpaper on WhatsApp, whether you’re on your phone or desktop. Tutorial WhatsApp, like other popular messenger services, allows its users to customize the appearance of their chats. Aside from changing the theme, users can also personalize the background of their conversations on the app. You can upload one of your favorite images or choose one from the available options. With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to change your wallpaper on WhatsApp.
How to add or update your default wallpaper on WhatsApp
If you want to customize and add a personal touch to WhatsApp, you can update your default chat wallpaper on the app. You have the option to choose from the pre-uploaded images on the app or upload a custom one from your device. You can use wallpapers whether you’re using WhatsApp on your computer or phone. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll teach you how to customize your chats on both devices.
On your mobile device:
- Open WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More options (three vertical dots) on the upper-right, and select Settings on the menu.
- Open your Chats options and select Wallpaper under the Display section.
- Tap Change at the bottom of the wallpaper preview.
- Choose a wallpaper from the pre-uploaded images on the app or upload a custom one from your storage.
- After choosing the image you prefer, tap “Set as wallpaper” at the bottom of your screen.
These chat preferences last until you update them again. So if you want to revert to the default WhatsApp wallpaper, go to your Settings > Chats > Wallpapers, and tap Default Wallpaper. Aside from choosing a chat background for all your chats, you can also change the wallpaper on specific ones. To do so, open one of your chats, go to More options (three vertical dots) > Wallpaper and select the image you want to use as your wallpaper.
On your computer:
- Launch the WhatsApp desktop app or open their web browser client and connect your account via QR code.
- Click the three vertical dots on the upper-left side of your screen and select Settings on the menu.
- Click Chat Wallpaper.
- Choose among the different colors that you can use on your chats. Scroll down to view more options.
Note: You have the option to add or remove the “Doodles” from your wallpaper. As you can see, you can only choose one of the pre-uploaded color backgrounds on your WhatsApp web and desktop chats. Hopefully, we get to use custom images in the future. Always remember that changing the wallpaper on the desktop or web app doesn’t change the one you selected on the mobile app and vice-versa.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change the wallpaper on WhatsApp, you can go ahead and personalize your group or private conversations. Always remember that you can change the background for specific chats on the mobile app. Dark mode users on the mobile app can dim the lighting of the wallpaper if they find it too bright to their liking. With that in mind, we recommend choosing an image that doesn’t affect the readability of the messages you receive in your conversations. That’s everything we have on us! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials about WhatsApp, visit our site frequently, and check our daily posts and updates. Featured Image
- Social Media
Want to give your WhatsApp chats a different look? Here’s how to easily change the background for a custom appearance… Do you want to change the background of your WhatsApp chats to something more to your liking? Well, you’re in luck. The app allows you the flexibility to change the WhatsApp background wallpaper on both your iOS and Android devices.
Here we show how you do just that on your phone…
How to Change the WhatsApp Background for All Chats
WhatsApp lets you change backgrounds in two ways. You can either change the background for all your chats, or change the background for certain chats that you select. To change the background for all chats, simply follow these steps:
- In WhatsApp, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Tap Chats.
- Select Wallpaper.
- Then, tap Change to change the current wallpaper.
- If you want to explore bright wallpapers, tap Bright. Similarly, select Dark to view the dark wallpapers you can use. You can choose Solid Colors to use a color as your background. Or, choose My Photos to use your own photo as the background.
- When the wallpaper appears full-screen, tap Set Wallpaper at the bottom to set it as the default background.
WhatsApp Wallpaper: How to Change the Background for a Specific Chat
You can also use a custom background for specific chats in WhatsApp. Here’s how you do that:
- Launch WhatsApp and access the chat you want to change the wallpaper for.
- Tap the three-dots in the top-right corner and select Wallpaper.
- Choose the category you want to choose your new background from.
- Select a wallpaper and then tap Set Wallpaper at the bottom.
- Your selected image should now be the default background in your chosen WhatsApp chat.
How to Reset the Chat Background in WhatsApp
If you want to reset to the default background, you don’t need to download that default image on your phone. WhatsApp lets you go back to the default wallpaper in a few easy taps, and here’s how you do that:
- Tap the three-dots in the top-right corner, and select Settings.
- Select Chats > Wallpaper.
- Tap Change.
- Choose Default Wallpaper at the bottom.
- Select Set Wallpaper.
You’re now back to the default WhatsApp background. If you use Instagram, you can change Instagram’s chat appearance as well.
What Wallpapers Can You Use in WhatsApp?
You can use any wallpaper that is in one of the common image formats, looks clear, and is something you see as a good fit for your WhatsApp chat background.
Your background wallpaper should be available in your phone’s gallery if you want to use it in WhatsApp.
Where to Download WhatsApp Chat Wallpapers?
If you don’t have a good wallpaper with you, you can download one from the internet and use it on WhatsApp. There are many sites that let you download royalty-free images. You can pick an image from one of these sites and use it as the background in your WhatsApp profile. If you don’t want to search for an image, WhatsApp provides you with some stock images that you can use as the background. These images are available within the app and you don’t need to download them separately.
Personalizing Your WhatsApp Chats by Using a Custom Wallpaper
If you don’t like the default WhatsApp background, you don’t have to live with it. Using the methods outlined above, you can set pretty much any image as the background for your WhatsApp chats. It’s one way of personalizing this popular instant messaging app according to your taste. WhatsApp offers more features than what most users know about. Digging a bit deeper helps you reveal these features and should help make your daily tasks with this app more convenient.
- How to keep meringue from weeping
- How to manually run your hvac fan using the nest thermostat
- How to react to comments about your weight
- How to broadcast your games online with steam
- How to splint trigger finger